This morning as I sat and read through this Psalm I had this feeling of protection. I would compare it to the embrace of a father. It was safe and secure. There were no worries. I knew that nothing could harm me in that embrace.
Have you ever had that kind of embrace? Maybe you had an embrace like this with a parent or family member? I can remember those times in my life when something happened and I was scared to death to go and tell my Dad what happened. But when I did I found this overflow of grace. He would tell me it was going to be ok. He was glad that I came and told him what had happened. To this day the hugs and moments that I have with my mother and father are like unlike anyone else’s. There is a different meaning behind them. I know and can feel that they have a love for me that is without end.
I parallel those moments with my parents to the relationship I share with my heavenly father. I know that He watches over and protects me (verses 8, 15, 19). I know that when I cry out to Him He hears me and responds in His own special way (verse 17). He saves me from my fears (verse 4) and I know that I am safe in his loving arms (verse 22).
Below is one of my very favorite poems. Read it and think about how it can apply to your relationship with our heavenly Father. Feel free to comment below and tell me what you took away from Psalm 34. Have a great day! - Evo
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.”
No comments:
Post a Comment